We will remember your choice, and redirect you next time. You can also use url's below for preferred language.
Topping and differentiation are two different things. Topping is essential when it comes to winning the World Cup. But in children's sport it's never about winning, but giving kids joy and mastery with handball. In children's sport, it becomes to differentiate a tool to be used with care.
When Berge plans trainings for the children, he always has this phrase in mind:
But when it comes to combat situation, he's clock-ready:
Learn Handball 100% agrees with Berge in his view of children's sports. But how to implement this in practice?
One way might be to go through rolling switches in battle.
1. Place the players one after the other on the bench. Always change first, and when you get in from the track you get in the back of the line. This gives the coach a full overview of the order in which to change.
2. Always replace the next player after approximately the same number of minutes. A little depending on how many substitutes you have. For example, on the younger teams, it can fit every 3 minutes.
3. Always replace the edge player that plays closest to the bench. Insert the new player on the opposite edge. The rest of the team rolls a position.
This will give you as a coach:
• Children who get to play just as much
• Children who learn to play and understand all places on the pitch. (Goalkeeper is the exception – this space must also be rolled on, but it must be light-hearted.)
• Zero comments from guardians or players about unfair playing time or "fixed" seats
Did you know that the idea around rolling prey has its origins in another sport? Which?
"The Next Big Idea," in this podcast, discusses broad experience versus individual focus, and what is the key to success.
We look forward to discussing more about differentiation next week.
Handball salute, Bjarte Myrhol and Learn Handball team
The world's best players show exercises in Learn Handball, now players can log in and watch the stars perform their special tricks directly in the app.